How do you guys strike a balance between bringing enough gear?

• jimbim

Oct 1, 2024 1:20 AM

Hey, folks! I need some guidance on my hiking and photography combo. So, I recently set off to capture this stunning sunset from a mountaintop. I packed my trusty DSLR, a couple of hefty lenses, and my tripod, thinking I was all set. But wow, by the time I reached the top, I was so winded I could barely lift my camera. I ended up missing the golden hour because...more

• katka2 days ago

Oh man, I totally relate to that! If you want to make your hikes a lot more enjoyable and keep your energy up, you should really check it out: https://cottoncarrier.com/pages/camera-gear-load-and-carrying-tool . It’s made a world of difference for me! I used to be that person lugging around all the gear until I discovered the Cotton Carrier camera harness. Seriously, it’s been a game changer! It distributes the weight evenly, so...more

• karman2 days ago

While that harness sounds awesome, I’ve gone a different route that’s worked wonders for me. I switched to a lightweight mirrorless camera, and it’s been a revelation! It’s so compact that I barely notice it in my bag, which means I can take it on all my hikes without hesitation. This has made me much more spontaneous with my photography. I find myself capturing moments I would have missed before...more